Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Bits of Tid - Die Hard Edition

Greetings and salutations, y'all. We've made it to the end of another week, disappointing our ex-spouses once again.

All together now, "Neener, neener, neener."

On this day in 1988, the movie Die Hard debuts, moving somebody named Bruce Willis from the small screen to the big one. Yippie ki-yay.

If this was my son, I'd just go ahead and send him to Nick Saban today. 16 pound baby born in Texas. Before BackwardsBoyBoy was born, I'd go to the hospital where the then-wife worked and rock newborns whose parents, for whatever reason, couldn't be there. I had a great time in the process. Anyway, there was one young'un in there that weighed 13 pounds, "Fat Albert." You could pick out his cry above the others. Basso profondo I believe is the term.

From the "you can't make this stuff up" department: an Austrian wins the right to wear a spaghetti strainer on his head for his drivers' license picture. The article says he's an atheist and then says that he adheres to a religion known as "Pastafarianism." Pick one, mon.

Why catching Derek Jeter's 3000th hit ball may not be a good thing. And here's a high school pitcher who has been clocked at 90mph with both hands. I used to do that on my intramural college slow pitch softball team. Carried two gloves to the mound. It was great fun until I struck out my history professor one day. I did not get a good grade in that class, for some strange reason.

County eliminates ban on forest juggling. Well, it's about damned time.

Captain America motorcycle on display at the Harley-Davidson museum. From the new movie, not to be confused with Peter Fonda's bike from Easy Rider.

iChurchKey.

Paul, the clairvoyant octopus has gone to that great calamari plate in the sky, Not to worry, though, here's his replacement, Nelly the elephant.

Heh. A mysterious "W" appears on Obama's head. Well, he does seem obsessed with him...

From David Thompson, how to deactivate a cat.

And finally, I'll leave you with this little ditty.



Y'all have a good'un, y'all.

No comments: