Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Bits of Tid - Satellite Catching Edition

Good Morning! It's another Friday, and if you watched the Republican Presidential Candidate Debate properly last night, you doubtless have a severe hangover from the drinking games.

To you I say, GOOD MORNING!

Who's up for some exercise today? We could all go outside and try to catch the satellite that's due to enter the atmosphere sometime today. Whoever catches it will win the Grand Prize: a free, one-year subscription to Everything is Backwards. (Pictures will be required for verification purposes.)

I missed the debate last night, as I had some musical-type business to attend to. BackwardsGirl was kind enough to record it, though. As a result, I couldn't tell you who the winner was, but as usual, you can leave your impressions in the comments.

I noticed that Gary Johnson was present for this one. I really would've liked to have heard Thad McCotter, but he dropped out of the race a few days too soon. With his poll numbers (or lack thereof), I kinda doubt he would've been invited anyway.

With an eye toward the sky, let's get to it. The bitting, that is.

Hey, I have an idea to reduce government spending. Howzabout we set a strict limit on the amount of money anyone in Washington can spend on muffins? $16 apiece sounds just a little high to me. But then again, we're dealing with a class of people who have no problem spending other peoples' money. I'd mention that it would really be nice if these folks would follow the Golden Rule, but that would probably just make me a racist or something...

Supporters of Gibson Guitars are holding a rally concert. Details at the link. If you're in the area and can attend, please do so. If I was, I would.

On a related subject, here are 40 Noises that Built Pop.

The growing problem of Amish militancy.

What do German men do between Oktoberfests? Why, grow beards, of course. And then enter them into competitions. (Spoiler Alert: the guy with the reindeer beard wins.)

Um, Mr. President, this isn't the kind of American exceptionalism we're talking about.

Governor Gary Johnsons' neighbors' dogs, doing the job Obama won't do.

When fabric softener is outlawed, only outlaws will have fabric softener. Man breaks into house to do laundry.

NY assistant prosecutor moonlights as dominatrix. Talk about taking your work home with you...

And finally, I was reminded of something during the Rams/Giants game the other night. Watch at the 0:37 point...



It was this...



Y'all have a good weekend, y'all.

No comments: