Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Society Has Changed - Um, No, it's Been Changed

Fair warning: I'm in Full Curmudgeon Mode again. You can get off my lawn, but I want you to watch something first.

This ties in with something that Breitbart.com reported over the weekend that you should know about. A North Carolina teacher yells at a student for daring to ask a question about Obama. After listening to this insane rant, I'll let you decide if this is the type of person who should be inside a classroom at all.

I think not. At least she's been suspended, although with pay. So, in essence, she gets a head start on her summer vacation. Some punishment.

Anyway, this got me to thinking how much things have been changed since I was a kid, witnessing the invention and development of the wheel by my Uncle Og. Those were heady days indeed.

I guess I'm unique in my powers of recall, although I shouldn't be. I'm on the tail end of the Baby Boomer Generation, so there are a lot of folks my age in America who were witness to the times I remember. My point is that there has been such a rapid transformation of our society during my brief lifetime, something that wasn't spontaneous.

I believe it was planned. Planned and executed.

By our enemies.

I'm not alone in thinking this. Through the wonder of the Intarwebz, we have available to us the world's largest library. If you're not making full use of this marvelous invention to educate yourself and truly expand your horizons, you do yourself a great disservice.

Anyway, whilst marveling at the changes that have occurred in society from what was a cohesive American community of thought and ideas, I ran across this video:



Hmm. Now let's see if I have this right: We have a stated enemy who has sworn to bury us (Google the term "we will bury you," just for fun). They have stated their goals to bring us down (the video above). Today, I look around and see that an awful lot of the things that they said they'd do, they've actually done.

I don't see where I'm wrong in that. Your mileage may vary.

But, again, I'm not alone in thinking this, nor have I come to it recently. Here's another video for your viewing pleasure:



This transformation of American society from one that upheld American values such as freedom, individual responsibility, honesty, integrity, Faith and many other wholesome virtues has been breathtaking to me. Just a bit of research shows that it hasn't happened by accident. The evidence is all around us.

None of these societal changes in the past 50 years were a spontaneous outgrowth of a maturing society. They're just about as spontaneous as the OWSer protests, which are all carefully planned, despite Nancy Pelosi's insistence to the contrary.

Got that? In short, we've been had.

Now, what are you gonna do about it?

No comments: