Saturday, July 21, 2012

Great Post by a Fellow Moron - There's Nothing to Learn from the Aurora CO Shooter

Fellow Moron DrewM says what needs to be said.

Is it cold? Well, that depends. If you live out here in the Real World, the answer is "No." We've all had bad things happen to us. I started losing friends in high school. I'll bet all fourteen of you have lost someone near and dear to you, too. There's no way to stop these things from happening. They're as much a part of life as your first kiss.

If you're one of those unfortunate people who think that this is all there is to life, then you probably think DrewM's post is "cold" and "heartless" and "unfeeling" and any of a number of other terms these folks use to make us think they're smarter than we are.

As tragic as this is, you can count on certain unscrupulous politicians to attempt to capitalize on this and start pushing for more laws, rules and regulations to restrict our Second Amendment right to bear arms. They'll be able to go back to their districts and say, "Look at me! Look what I did!" while never really doing anything of value to stop this from happening again.

I wish there were a few people in that theater who's had a gun on them. It's been proven that an armed citizen, using a reasonable amount of caution, can prevent many senseless deaths in a situation such as this.

Having lost friends and loved ones along the path of life, I developed a coping method that a lot of other folks use: It's the belief that our soul, the thing that makes us us, lives on after its seed has reached the end of its intended purpose. This means that my religious conviction of spiritual life after earthly death gives me hope that I'll see my friends and loved ones once again, but in a different form. What that form will be, I have no idea. But looking around at this life and the many wonders in it, I'm confident it will be a very unexpected and pleasant surprise.

I have no proof of this. That is the nature of Faith, believing what you cannot see, feel, or prove.

It's what I choose to believe.

Your mileage may vary.

No comments: