Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Bits of Tid, Super Bowl XLV Edition

Got your chips, dip, and favorite adult beverages? Are you ready for some football?

I sure am. I hope the game isn't a blowout this year. But watching Green Bay's and Pittsburgh's easy advance through the playoffs doesn't encourage me. The hardest part of this will be introducing the five-year-old granddaughter to the wonder, the marvel that is football.

I already taught her about Nascar. When she sees Kyle Busch, she says "Eighteen, BOO!" The kid's got potential...

Anyway, despite the absence of cheerleaders, it should a good game. Two good quarterbacks with high-powered offenses and defenses should make for a memorable game. I don't have a dog in this hunt, as my Crimson Tide won last years' national championship, so I'm still glowing from that.

If the game turns out to be dull, there's always the commercials. Here's one you won't be seeing. Please, I beg of you, if you have children present, please send them out of the room, as this commercial has been banned by Fox for its content...



(h/t Breitbart's Big Hollywood.)

Busting smoking monks.

Hunter sues after failing to find elephant. "From what I know, (the hunter) should have seen elephant excrement there," it quoted the company owner as saying. But I thought he was after the elephant itself.

Walk like a gorilla, not an Egyptian.

Mystery of the Miami sand bar piano solved.

Alcohol may be good for you. I agree with Benjamin Franklin who said, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Hmm, that would make a good toast.

These two links are for after the Super Bowl:

When gas is outlawed, only outlaws will have gas.

and

Decades of dieting delusions.

And finally, ESP, where the P stands for Penguin.



(shamelessly filched from the Sandcrawler over at The Jawa Report)

Enjoy the game, y'all.

No comments: