Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Bits of Tid, St. Patrick's Day Edition

*running through the door, panting*

I made it! Sorry I'm late, did I miss anything? No? Good.

I had a late night last night, one filled with music, drink and debauchery, or as I call it, Thursday. But a good time was had by all in attendance. Trust me.

I find it kinda hard to be funny (or try to be funny) on a day when there's been so much tragedy and destruction in Japan. My prayers go out to all who are affected by this disaster. Which reminds me, I have a friend who travels to Japan frequently whom I haven't heard from yet. Hope he's OK.

OK, let's tid.

In keeping with today's title, here's an Irish-inspired pick-up line:  "If you don't go on a date with me, the leprechauns have already won."  More here.

Gabby Giffords garners good news dept. She's walking with assistance, she recognizes and remembers visitors and may attend her husband's Shuttle launch on April 19. Continued best wishes for her recovery. In other Space Shuttle news, Captain Kirk wakes up the crew of Discovery.

Malaysian man has house stolen. I wonder how long it took him to convince the 911 operator he was serious.

This qualifies as a sacrifice? Man commits to drinking nothing but beer for Lent. Hmm, I think I'll try that beer "sacrifice" thingy with BackwardsGal.

Miller Light goes after a new customer demographic - 1 year olds. As long as they don't try to drive afterwards...

Woman brings monkey into Amherst courthouse in her bra. Asked who let the monkey through the metal detector, deputies quipped: “It wasn’t armed.”

And finally, a puppy protects the world from The Attack of the Killer Ice Cube



Have a good'un, y'all.

Oh, I almost forgot my favorite St. Paddy's Day joke: What's green and stays out all night long?

Paddy O'Furniture. *rimshot* I'm here all week, try the veal...

No comments: