Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Green News and a Couple of Observations

Here's one jobs plan that definitely hasn't worked: "green jobs."

Here's why. They'll make you crazy.

Plus, it's old, too. They were discussing this back in Jefferson's day.

There might be something affecting our climate besides man. Imagine, if you will, a giant star in close proximity to Earth, that could generate a great amount of heat, and the amount of heat it generated varied...

All seriousness aside, here's something I've been wondering about for quite some time. As I understand it, man-made climate change theory depends upon a layer of gas called the Ozone Layer. When I remember back to physics class, I vaguely remember being told that the only way gasses could stratify was if they were completely still.

Since the atmosphere is in constant motion, I can't see how they could separate into layers. Since the atmosphere is constantly being disturbed by meteorites before they can burn up, that equates to a continuous stirring of the atmosphere, something that, to me at least, that prevents gasses from settling into a layer.

I could be wrong, but if anyone else knows more, I'd appreciate a link to in the comments.

The bottom line is that the actions of man only contribute to change in a small way, locally and only temporarily. There's still a lot left to learn about the planet and we haven't even gotten close to exploring the entire thing, nor documenting all of the critters here.

We would do well to heed some sage advice, "Don't panic."

No comments: