Friday, December 11, 2009

Global Warming Scientist Adds to Credibility by Calling Armed UN Security on Questioner

Let's say I'm a Stanford professor who has staked my career on convincing the public that man-made "climate change" is real. Let's also say I'm a senior member of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and I also have a new book coming out. How do I go about gathering public support for my views? By being open and honest about the revelation that some of the leading climate scientists have altered and even suppressed data that didn't confirm my findings? By openly answering questions? By being devoted to discovering the truth?

Oh no. I must shut down anyone who dares question my findings by calling security on them.

Gosh, it's funny how defensive some people can be when confronted with a challenge to their beliefs. And all this time I thought that scientists were all about openness and honesty in their work. Perhaps that doesn't apply when there are large grants available if you just say what the grantors want you to say, the truth be damned.

Be sure to watch the video and transcript. You'll wonder, as I do, why we continue to fund this failure of an organization.

No comments: