Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year, and to Rush, Get Well Soon.

Just a quick post to wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year. There are lots of bowl games to watch and I intend to see as many of them as possible. If BackwardsGirl will allow, I intend to see more than 12 hours of football in one day. I know this is a demanding schedule, full of chips, dip, pizza and beer, but I'm up to the challenge. Only the occasional nap will keep me from my goal.

And in case you haven't heard, Rush Limbaugh was admitted to a Honolulu hospital with chest pains yesterday afternoon. Reports are that he is resting comfortably. This blog wishes him a speedy recovery and a return to the Golden EIB Microphone as soon as possible.

Naturally, in the spirit of good will that characterizes the left, many of his detractors have also wished him well, if you count dying in a fire as a good wish.

Chest pains are not to be dismissed, as I discovered when I survived my recent heart attack. It is to those dedicated doctors, nurses and EMT's that I owe my life. May the Lord Bless them and all of you in the coming year.

No comments: