Monday, December 21, 2009

Who Stole My Government?

It was right over there, I swear it was.
Now it's gone.

You know, that government where I voted for somebody to fly to Washington D.C. and do all that legislatey type stuff, 'cause I'm like busy working, taking care of the family, paying bills, all the stuff that these folks I send to Washington have staffers do for them. Remember, the government that I trusted to do things for me, like keep me safe from other people who don't like me, and make sure that we have laws that make sense and that are good for us.

OK, what happened to it? Where did it go?

Poll after poll shows that Americans don't want ObamaCare. But what are the Dems in Washington doing? They're busy trying to pass ObamaCare.

Now, let me see if I've got this right. We don't want this bill, but Congress, whose sole reason for being is to represent the wishes of America, wants this bill.

Hmmm. It seems I remember something about a government by, for, and of the people. Does that not mean me? I thought I was a people.

What did I miss?

No comments: